This class, taught by Celia Schaefer, is designed for the actor who is interested in delving into craft.
Actors will be taught a variety of techniques so that they have a robust foundation to bring to any role. The class includes exercises, improvs, scene study, monologue work and working with sides. Actors will be assigned material that will challenge their individual level of development, and then given the tools to find material that speaks to them.
You are your own instrument. Your mind, your body and your spirit are what you bring to the work. Developing your imagination, curiosity, concentration, relaxation and responsiveness makes it possible for you to bring more than your everyday self to acting — as well as the sense of joy that comes with creating impulsively.– Celia Schaefer
The Actor’s Toolbox Classes are held on:
- Tuesdays at 6:00pm (in person in NYC)
- Thursdays at 6:00 pm (online)
- Thursdays at 8:00 pm (online)
- Sundays at 11:00 am (in person class in NYC)
Email email@example.com to schedule an interview.
Class enrollment is by the calendar month. There are 4 classes in a month. Partial months are allowed only during initial enrollment. Ongoing students are expected to plan for attending full months.
In person: $250 per month
Online: $200 per month
* Note: This is not a drop-in class. The commitment is by the month and actors are responsible for payment of a missed class. Make-ups are available by attending two classes the same week within a three-month period. Make-ups may not be used once an actor has discontinued class, nor may they be used to reduce the price of a subsequent months.